Arugula Salad, Creamy Lemon Aioli
2 soft shell crabs (cleaned)
1 cup Wondra &
1 cup semolina
2 1/2 oz arugula
1 1/2 T lemon aioli (see below)
vegetable/ canola oil for deep
frying or pan frying
1 cup mayonnaise
juice of 2 lemons
1/2 bulb roasted garlic
1/2 cup water
pinch of salt
Soft Shell Crab
1. Clean soft shells and soak in milk for 5 minutes prior to use.
2. Mix together Wondra & semolina and dredge crabs in mixture.
3. Deep fry at 350 degrees for 3 minutes, making sure crabs are fully
submerged in the oil, or you can pan fry in a cup of vegetable/canola oil,
2 1/2 minutes each side.
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Toss a little(or if you want more use more) over the arugula.
Place arugula salad on plate, crab on top, and slice of lemon wedge on side for finishing. That’s all! Simple simple.